Friday, October 6, 2017

10/06/2017

The Daily Chatter*
10/06/2017

Toni sure is a downer today. First thing he comes in and tells us that his friends dog died, I guess that's his way of saying "Happy Friday".

I'm pretty sure Toni thinks I was out back smoking and that my cold is really just a smokers cough.

Steve's on Ashley and my crap list. All I have to say is that if he gets thrown in jail this weekend I'm not bailing him out.

Mary was driving and was on the phone (legally I'm sure) telling her husband about the idiot who drove into their son's car and then a car hit the car in front of her. I'm going to go bubble wrap myself right now that's too much to take in.

As for our second day in Italy we went to the Vatican at the butt crack of dawn because we bought an early access ticket that got us into the Sistine Chapel before the general public. We were the first group in and it was quite a sight to see, then we got to explore the Vatican Museum a few minutes before all of the other tourists plowed us over. My gripe is the Vatican has so many amazing priceless works of art but once they open the door to the general public you can't see a thing because there are too many people. The other thing we noticed is they don't have any sort of humidity controls in any of these rooms, it is insane. In recent years I've heard about people breaking things and now I completely understand how that is possible, there is so much stuff everywhere and with the amount of people that go there on a daily basis I can't believe that it doesn't happen every day. After that mad house we went to the Mausoleum of Hadrian and seriously if my house were as large as his tomb I would be a very happy girl. Our last outing of the day was to the Borghese Gallery which is another beautifully insane place with incredible art.









*not to be construed as Gossip

No comments:

Post a Comment